Re: Vapor Lock Cures

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Vapor Lock Cures
From: Mark W Olson <Mark_W_Olson@ccm.sc.intel.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 96 14:07:00 PDT
Text item:

When my Tiger started exhibiting similar behavior, I'd pull the fuel
line from the carb, turn on the fuel pump and get nothing.  Sometimes a
few wacks on the fuel pump with a Crescent wrench would get things going
again, sometimes it was push or tow home.  Eventually, I pulled my gas
tanks to find them full of floating flakes of crap.  The flakes were
what was left of the factory coating on the inside of the tank.
Apparently, unleaded gas is very caustic for that stuff.

I had the radiator shop boil them out and coat the insides with Teflon.
This was done 3 years ago, and my Tiger has been extremely reliable
since then (touch wood.)

That may be your problem.

Mark
molson@gomez.sc.intel.com