What is SUNI III?

To: alpines@autox.team.net, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: What is SUNI III?
From: OldeAlp@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 1996 14:21:28 -0400
I've received several posts asking that question.  It's easy to forget that
not all of us have been involved with our funny little cars for many years.
 So, a summary:

SUNI is an acronym for Sunbeam United National International, cosponsored by
the North American Sunbeam clubs.  The first was in 1989 at Snowmass,
Colorado, the second in 1994 at Lake Geneva, Wisconsin.  So, I guess that
tradition dictates a five year recurrence.

The Colorado meet included several cars shipped form England for the event.
 Both SUNIs had attendees from Europe, Australia and New Zealand.

In between the non-stop partying, activities included autocrossing, rallies,
concours, tech sessions, vendors, parking lot gawking, and lots of story
telling - some even almost believable.

The best part is that you get to meet some of the legends (and villains) in
our hobby, connect faces with names, and make some great friends.

Other Rootes Group cars are warmly received, Hillman and Humber have been at
the prior meets.

Information is just now going out to the various clubs, so keep an eye out
for your newsletter.  If you don't belong to one, join up!  None of them are
outrageously expensive.

"Ole"