Re: Clean Driving

To: Jay Laifman <JLAIFMAN@PNM.MHS.CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: Clean Driving
From: Kevin Meek <kevnmeek@netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 1996 13:30:30 -0700
Jay Laifman wrote:

> Seeing as how I have a smog test coming up, I was figuring it is our
> obligation to be sure that our cars run as clean as possible to protect
> the environment.

When I prepare my cars for their smog check, I usually give 'em a full
tune-up (replace points & plugs, adjust timing & carb ,etc.) and change
the oil & filter.  Assuming no other mechanical problems, this usually
gets them through with no problem.  Just to be on the safe side, I add
a bottle of WINNS SMOG CHECK to the gas tank.  Friends of mine swear by
the stuff, and I know it's made the difference between marginal and pass
a couple of times for me.  In California you can't afford to go in for a
smog check if you're marginal (lest you end up at the state referee
station in perpetuity)...