Re: Renault Spin on Filter

To: Rick Fedorchak <richard.fedorchak@gsfc.nasa.gov>, tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Renault Spin on Filter
From: marrone@wco.com (Frank Marrone)
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 1996 22:26:20 -0700 (PDT)
What I have heard is the smaller the filter the "sooner" the bypass becomes
activated.  Even largish (PH8A) filters have their bypass open at higher RPM
(and viscocity) but smaller filters bypass sooner and you end up spending
more time without the filter in the circuit.

>        I've seen one of these critters installed on the Ford
>motor........and it's pretty tiny.  Makes me wonder what the intended
>filtering capacity is versus what the Ford motor needs.
>
>Can anyone provide any feedback on how these small filters worked on their
>cars.  Any problems encountered by using them ??

Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
                       Series I Alpine  (2.3L powered by Ford)
                       Yamaha Seca 900