Re: Vinyl ( no SPECIFIC Sunbeam content )

To: Paul Burr <tigerpb@ids.net>
Subject: Re: Vinyl ( no SPECIFIC Sunbeam content )
From: Seth Johnson <johnss@ids.net>
Date: Wed, 06 Nov 1996 19:05:59 -0500
Paul Burr wrote:

> Rick: I found that Westley's Bleach White is really efrfective on vinyl
> tops and interiors. Try Pep Boys, they usually have it.
As "TR6 Paul" knows, I have a '90 Ford Mustang Anniversary Green model
convertable with a white top. Not only do white tops look sucky on
Mustangs, they readily pick up black smudges from the top mechanism when
folded. I tried the " Westley's Bleche-Wite" and it not only doesn't
work, it has bleach in it and is for tires only---it says so on the
bottle. Better, but still not great, is Ford's Triple Clean,for tops &
interiors. Comes in a 16oz. spray bottle & is available at your local
Ford dealer. Use a stiff bristle brush and don't expect too much, that
way, you won't be disappointed. My dealer said it would work, but it
doesn't remove the stains completely---maybe I gave up too soon.
Originality, hell. I'm going to a beige top. Looks better w/green
anyhow. Al J. (B9472024---with a black top---the way Lord Rootes
intended it to be)