that's _darn_ the torpedos :)

To: Tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: that's _darn_ the torpedos :)
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jan 1997 18:27:18 -0800
Ed E. Powell wrote:

"Interesting.  Clearly the "folklore vs fact" pendulum swings both ways.  And
I'm
driving a December 1966 Tiger that rolled off the lot stock with a 289 engine,
in the face of "facts" that refute such a machine.

Having said that, Who Cares?  Oh, it's all very intersting from a trivia point
of view, but the cars are still fun to drive.  "Damn the tropedoes; turn up the
wick!""

Ed, I hafta agree with you, up to a point. My only point, other than
curiousity, was that perhaps
these book authors might not be infallable. This guy is obviously British, and
might not be getting
all the info goodies he would were he in California. I just don't know what to
beleive; I guess
perhaps it is best not to accept anything as gospel jus' because it's in a book.

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"