parts sources

To: Tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: parts sources
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 1997 17:51:25 -0800
Rande Bellman wrote:
"The easiest way for me to tell you how extensive Rick
McLeod's inventory is is to have you visualize your neigborhood Toyota
dealers parts department. Now, substitute everything Sunbeam for everything
Toyota. There are several guys (and one gal, Kathy of the CAT parts
warehouse) who are excellent references for locating Tiger/Alpine parts,
Norm Miller, Tiger Tom, and Gary Schotland coming to mind. But it all
begins with Sunbeam Specialties."

Now try imagining putting together a cadre of Rootes sources w/out the benefit
of the InterNet or the Tiger/Alpine clubs to guide you. I'm sure I'm "preaching
to the choir", but I never cease to be amazed by the availabilty of goodies for
our 30-years-out-of-production cars. I'd like to believe that we can get bits
for
Tigers and Alpines because "they are better cars", but it's more a combination
of
dumb luck and some hard work that keeps our cars running, and not lumped in
with
Panhard CV24's, Alvis TE-21s' or whatever, as interesting cars kept off the road
for the want of some insignificant bit!

BTW, where do I get new Panhard rod bushings?!?!?!?!?

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"