Electronic ignitions

To: Tiger list <tigers@autox.team.net>
Subject: Electronic ignitions
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 1997 18:27:38 -0800
STUART_BRENNAN wrote:
>I'm quite sure that the stock tach won't work with a full electronic ignition
>swap, but what about these "points replacement" devices that have been
>mentioned
>recently?  Do they effect the operation or accuracy of an unmodified tach?

My tach is working (as well as it ever did)with my oh-so-pretty Mallory Unilite
distributor, but they required a second ballast resistor to be wired in series
with the first. Unnnnn-sightly! Pretty sure you can get Unilite as a conversion
if you've an aversion (oooh, I'm getting poetic!)to the shiny housing.

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"

I never drove one of those 350 Monzas, but my 2300cc P-glide Vega Panel Wagon
handled great! Just goes to show how you can take a perfectly good four-banger
car and screw it up with a V8...