Cloth convertible tops for Mk1

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Cloth convertible tops for Mk1
From: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 18:30:05 -0800
I have a MK1 (metal doors boot).  It needs a new convertible top.  So
far all I have been able to find are the vinyl tops.  Has anyone out
there in this group put a cloth top on their Mk1.  If so can you let
me know what your source is (i.e. kit or installer).  I would like to
get one with a zip out rear window.  I have been told that the cloth
tops are too bulky to allow the metal boot doors to close properly.

Any iformation would be greatly appreciated.   Currently I am running
around with a butt ugly hard top on the car and would like to take it
off for good!

Larry Allbritton
B9472723