Re: Replacement Steering Wheel

To: BMcgu22954@aol.com
Subject: Re: Replacement Steering Wheel
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jan 97 16:43:04 PST

> I assume that the LeMans Tiger pictured is the Silverman(?) car.

Yes, that's the one.

> If so, the steering wheel we put on it when it was restored was a Cobra
> replacement wheel, but don't think it was a Moto-Lita. At that time, a hub
> Bruce McGuire

Could be, but it's always been my understanding that Moto-Lita was
Shelby's supplier for these wheels.  This wheel was also used on the
GT-350 and a similar, flat wheel was used on the AC Ace and early
Cobras.  The "flat wheel" cars had center hubs with an integral
turn-signal and horn (I think) switches.  Maybe Moto-Lita just makes
repos of these wheels.

Roland