Re: Curious "Logic"

To: "Spontelli, Ramon" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>
Subject: Re: Curious "Logic"
From: Joe Hankins <jhankins@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 08:07:21 -0500

> I can't conceive of two people sitting around, sippin' suds and havin' a
> jolly-good time after consumating a $1200 exchange for a $200 part.

Wow, you guys really have way to much free time!

If one party is willing to pay $1200 for a part, and another is willing
to sell it for that price, then it's a $1200 part! Case closed.

If you tell me it's a $200 part, and the cheapest one I can find is
$1200, it's also a $1200 part.

If I want the part, but am only willing to to pay $200, then I can wait
until I find one in the junk yard or at a flea market for $200, and
have a part worth $200 and two years wait!

I just bought a set of LAT wheels for a price you might consider
exorbitant. Having the wheels was worth (to me) the price asked. If I
find out later that someone else found a set for half the price I paid,
I'm not going to feel cheated, because I have the wheels that I wanted
at a price I was willing to pay. And I would gladly have a beer with the
guy I bought them from!

For every time I've bought something and later found i could have bought
it for a lot less, I've also not bought something because I thought I
could get it cheaper, and subsequently found that not only couldn't I
get it cheaper, I either had to pay much more or I couldn't get it at
all.