Intakes

To: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Subject: Intakes
From: d_mountjoy@mail.nmusd.k12.ca.us (Darrell Mountjoy)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 14:05:30 -0800
Jeff <nicholsj@oakwood.org> wrote:

>     Instead of the 2bl, I bought a Edelbrock 289 performer manifold ...
>
>     Edelbrock makes a high rise performer
>     manifold  with more h.p. and torque from 1500 to 6500 rpm but I have
>     the stock cam and was worried about hood clearance.

Jeff,

I have the Edelbrock Performer PRM 302 (stock #7121) intake on my Tiger.
This is the stock replacement manifold for the Shelby GT350s.  The outside
dimentional specs are basically the same as the Edelbrock F4B LAT optional
intake used on our Tigers (thanks to Ramon for taking the measurements of
each for his "standard" price).  There are no clearance problems and I'm
VERY pleased with its performance.  This intake has more and a broader
power band than the COBRA intake I replaced.  The intake works well with
4160 Holleys (no secondary metering plates) but is a tight fit with the
4150 (secondary metering plates) style "double pumpers".  The carb I'm
using is the Holley aftermarket pre-emision 600 cfm unit with vaccuum
secondaries.

Edelbrock also makes a Torker, Victor and Victor Jr. series I've seen on
Tigers but I can't speak to their fit, performance of street-ability.

Darrell