RE: Float Valve Stickies

To: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Subject: RE: Float Valve Stickies
From: Bill Cartus <Bill.Cartus@bridge.bst.bls.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 1997 13:46:58 -0600
Ed,

Welcome back to discussing Tigers. You will get the basic answer of
replaceing the "needle & seat with a kit ($7-10 is a guess). If stock, take
the littel aluminum 'tag' with a number on it and get a matching kit.
HOWEVER, rebuilt carbs only last a short time and once you start, you keep
doing it. Are you thinking about keeping 2bbl? Or going to 4 w/ new
manifold? You could try JUST replacing the needle & seat & don't touch the
rest. Or you could keep a small hammer around to pop it when it sticks.
Good luck.

Bill Cartus  65 Tiger (with a Holley 4bbl)

=->Mine is stuck in the "UP" position.  Hey, hey, hey -- this IS about
Tigers.  I'm referring to float valve in my carburetor  (gosh, you can't be
too careful, can you?).
=->
=->The carburetor is original -- I confess I don't know what make or model.
I just drive it, I don't explain it.  Anyway, the float valve occasionally
sticks, the fuel bowl empties, and the engine stops.  Not too good.
=->
=->I've messed about with it a bit, and realized slight improvement.  I'm
looking out for suggestions on how to correct the problem  _and_
suggestions for carburetor replacement.  Assuming both routes can resolve
the problem, which is the better option?
=->
=->Topically Correct,
=->Eddy -CA  B382002639
=->(Norm, I  _will_  get info for the registry soon after I get the machine
out of
=->storage.)
=->
=->