FCC vs Networking charges

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FCC vs Networking charges
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 97 07:48:14 -0700
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     The following was being passed around in HP this morning.  It's not
     Sunbeam stuff, but it could effect us all.

     Stu

     Hello All:

     I am writing you this to inform you of a very important matter
     currently under
     review by the FCC. Your local telephone company has filed a proposal
     with the FCC to impose per minute charges for your internet service.
     They contend that your usage has or will hinder the  operation of the
     telephone network.

     It is my belief that internet usage will diminish if users were
     required to
     pay additional per minute charges. The FCC has created an  email box
     for your comments, responses must be received by February 13, 1997.
     Send your comments to isp@fcc.gov and tell them what you  think.

     Every phone company is in on this one, and they are trying to sneak
     it in
     just under the wire for litigation. Let everyone you know here this
     one. Get the e-mail address to everyone you can think of.  isp@fcc.gov

     Please forward this email to all your friends on the internet so all
     our
     voices may be heard!
     --
     Bonnie Kalwat