Re: POWER WINDOWS ??

To: Spook37211@aol.com
Subject: Re: POWER WINDOWS ??
From: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 17:21:00 -0800
Spook37211@aol.com wrote:

> Nope, no whining power windows here!!!!!!!!!
> But a question: Has anyone else suffered the demise of rubber parts of the
> fuel system due to the "new" gas?
> And does the replacement parts available from Sunbeam Specialties resist the
> new junk?
> If not, who sells something that will?
> Both of the connectors between the crossover tube, as well as the filler
> cap-to-tank connector deteriorated rather drastically on my car.
> Regards,
> Ray
I've got an 1982 Datsun 280ZX turbo.  During the time that the newly
formulated gas came out (May 1996) I have replace leaking fuel
injectors,
gummed up electric fuel pump, the fuel damper, the fuel regulator, and
some short rubber hose connections in the fuel system.  Except for the
fuel damper, all the other parts are original (14 + years old).  A
friend of mine has a 1985 300ZX turbo.  He has had a fire in the engine
compartment due to leaking lines!

So far my 1989 Chevy pickup hasn't leaked and my 1965 Tiger hasn't
leaked
but the rubber is real old looking and definitely a near future project.

Larry Allbritton
B9472723