official quiz results (NOT)

To: Tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: official quiz results (NOT)
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 08:11:17 -0800
Jeff Eakin Wrote:
>Subject: Alpine/Tiger Number Quiz

>The other night at our monthly meeting of the Colorado Association of Tiger
>owners our new boss, Paul Diershaw passed out a pop quiz. The Following
>numbers are somehow significant to Sunbeam Alpines and or Tigers.  Please
>explain what significance each has.  Extra credit will be considered for
>creative, if not entirely correct answers.  See how you do I'll post the
>answers in about a week.

1) 156
ans: the average # of times per week I posted to the List when I first
subscribed.

2) 947001
ans: Could be a really low serial # for a mk1, but more accurately the total #
of
5/16 x 24tpi x 1 bolts you need for a restoration. Buy in bulk!

3) 86
ans: what too many DPO's did with our fan shrouds. Also Maxwell Smart's agent #.

4) 4261
ans: going price for a mk2 grille, except when Ramon's giving them away.

5) 1342
ans: Average Tiger odometer reading when the Panhard-rod bracket yields.

6) 15426378
ans: the # of guys, total, who have walked up to us at car shows and said
"yeah, I
had one of those in college; had a Chrysler V8 in it".

7) 395019122
ans: current # of List members who want ties.

8) 7083
ans: total production run of Triumph TR4's. No, it was Austin-Healey 3000's.
No, it
was... (gimme a minute, I'll get it!)

9) 69251
ans: the # stamped in to the chassis on all Tigers that, until now, only the TAC
knew about. Your problem: where is it?

10 105.21
ans: Top speed of an Alpine IV Automatic: acheived by pushing car off cliff.

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"