PCV Circuit Cleaning

To: Tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: PCV Circuit Cleaning
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 22:52:40 -0500
Anyone remember what they have been using to clean their PCV valve and
oil filler cap?  I believe that I should use carb cleaner for the PCV
parts, but the shop manual suggests a less volatile cleaner for the cap.
 Suggestions?

I have been experiencing significant fumes emanating from my filler cap,
so I am guessing that the problem could be that the PCV valve is clogged
or stuck.  Even if that is not the problem, I would still like to get
those things cleaned up.  Can anyone think of another possible cause of
those fumes?  It's top-up weather and they are starting to get to me!

Thanks muchly.
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
            1969 MGC            - HERS