Re: PCV Circuit Cleaning

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: PCV Circuit Cleaning
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 22:37:00 -0500
Roland Dudley wrote:

> > Anyone remember what they have been using to clean their PCV valve and
> > oil filler cap?  I believe that I should use carb cleaner for the PCV
> > parts, but the shop manual suggests a less volatile cleaner for the cap.
> >  Suggestions?
> >

> > Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
>
> Rick,
>
> PCV valves are pretty cheap.  Just buy a new one.
>
> Roland

I don't think you quite understand, Roland.  This is an original Tiger
PCV, the kind that disassembles for cleaning.  Same goes for the oil
filler cap, which has no connection with the air cleaner (as on modern
cars).  I see no reason to change these when they were intended by
design to be cleaned, at least not until I find that I cannot solve the
problems I am having.
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
            1969 MGC            - HERS