Re: PCV Circuit Cleaning and Oil Filler Car

To: NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net, Tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: PCV Circuit Cleaning and Oil Filler Car
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 23:31:30 -0500 (EST)
Had the same problem with exhaust fumes even after I had replaced the
complete exhaust system.  I found that I had the habit of not tightening the
clamp on the hose under the air filter ( the hose that leads form the oil
filler cap to the air cleaner).  It seemed convenient to leave the clamp
loose so that the air filter and air filter housing could be removed without
the hose holding it.  I tightened the clamp and no more smell.  Probably
could check the clamps at both ends of the hose and be sure the hose isn't
split.

  Now for my smell -  gasoline fumes.  All rubber hoses in tank area have
been replaced and there are no leaks.  I suspect that it's the gasket at the
fuel gague float.  'Anyone else had this problem?  Is it the gasket?   Is
worse when the tank is full or nearly full.