fumes

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: fumes
From: "Tom Ballou" <TBallou@LANMAIL.RMC.COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 97 12:54:32 EST
Now that this thread has quieted. I thought I would pass along a thought
which wasn't explored.  The first time I had an alarming level of fumes, I
tracked it to fuel dripping from the pump onto the right side muffler.
Tightening up the fittings on the pump fixed the problem, but it was a little
scary.  (And once they have been loose, it doesn't hurt to replace the seal
washers (Earl's).  Don't neglect this item.  BTW, Airequipt has a fitting
which will allow conversion of the fuel system to -6 stainless lines while
retaining the SU pump in the original location(s).  Earl's also lists it, but
seem to be perpetually out of stock.    Later.