Re: fumes

To: Tom Ballou <TBallou@LANMAIL.RMC.COM>
Subject: Re: fumes
From: Rick Hoefle <NamasteRH@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 1997 20:37:59 -0500
Tom Ballou wrote:

> Now that this thread has quieted. I thought I would pass along a thought
> which wasn't explored.  The first time I had an alarming level of fumes, I
> tracked it to fuel dripping from the pump onto the right side muffler.
> Tightening up the fittings on the pump fixed the problem, but it was a little
> scary.  (And once they have been loose, it doesn't hurt to replace the seal
> washers (Earl's).  Don't neglect this item.  BTW, Airequipt has a fitting
> which will allow conversion of the fuel system to -6 stainless lines while
> retaining the SU pump in the original location(s).  Earl's also lists it, but
> seem to be perpetually out of stock.    Later.

Pardon my ignorance, but who or what is Earl?  Never ran across that
reference before.  Thanks.

BTW, thanks to all who provided input to the PCV thread.  I have cleaned
mine up now which has greatly reduced the engine fumes problem, but not
eliminated it.  I guess blow-by is indeed the culprit. <heavy sigh>
--

Rick Hoefle 1964 Tiger B9470508 - HIS
            1969 MGC            - HERS