Traction Masters

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Traction Masters
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 19:59:57 -0500
At 08:13 am 3/10/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Jim:
>What is recommended for traction bars?
>Godspeed
>JC
>John,
         I have had good luck with the LAT-5 Traction Master.  I don't know
if they are still available.  They have a forged bracket that is held on
with new
 "U" bolts and the front is a right angle bend that welds to the frame
crossmember
in front of the spring eye.  If I recall correctly I got mine directly from
Traction Master; not from a Tiger dealer.  There is a very clear picture of them
in on page 116 of  the book  Performance Tuning the Sunbeam Tiger by Floyd
Clymer. (1967).  For installing the front brackets I  drilled a hole and put
a bolt through the front bracket into a tapped hole in the frame to hold the
bracket while welding. Do not weld the bracket with the rubber bushing
installed; else no
 more bushing.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others.