Tech Info etc.

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Tech Info etc.
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 97 12:49:55 -0700
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text

     Hi All:

     Jeepers!  Is that my name in a list of "Great Owners"?  (Insert sound
     of the laughter of anyone who has seen my Tiger close up.)  Anyway,
     here's my opinion.

     Something like STAC is a noble idea, but it is unlikely it would work
     for very long.   The clubs do not have a great history of working
     together.  Look at what happened with SUNI 2. One faction's decisions
     pissed off another faction, etc.

     I joined TE/AE because I wanted to be in touch with a bunch of other
     owners of these silly cars, for both info and fun.  I became a
     regional rep., helped organize a United, and served a couple terms as
     VP because I find it more fun to organize activities than it is to
     just participate.  95%, no, probably 98% of my needs are taken care of
     by my TE/AE and Email contacts.  I'll bet the same is true for any
     member of one of the larger clubs.  Something like STAC, if it worked,
      would probably fill in another percent or two of these needs, but at
     what cost?  In my opinion, the organizational and/or political hassels
     would not be worth it.

     Stu