Re: various

To: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Subject: Re: various
From: Larry Allbritton <larryall@pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 16:55:37 -0800
Larry Wright wrote:

> a) What by some twist of fate you spill acid on the cowl of your otherwise
>original Tiger, and the
> metal is eaten away? If you remove the tags, replace the damaged metal and
>reaffix the tags, is your
> car no only a "conversion" but illegal?
>
> b) I dunno about the Cistine Chapel, and you don't either until someone
>climbs up there to check
> whether the Pope's seal is held on with the original rivets.
>
> c) what's to stop someone from getting a rust-bucket TAC'ed and _then_ doing
>a swap?
>
> Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"
Well Larry

If a TAC'ed Tiger body was to be replaced, then the TAC decal would now
be on the discarded Tiger body unless you cut the metal around it and
weld this piece into the rebodied Tiger.  Of course the documentation
would still indicate that car is TAC'ed listing it's VIN, etc.

Larry Allbritton
TAC #22