did you that that?

To: Tiger list <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: did you that that?
From: Larry Wright <Larry.Wright@mail.wdn.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 1997 16:07:44 -0800
I was watching TV a few nights ago, when this commercial comes on; still do not
know what product or
service they're pushing. Something about baseball, some guy w/a sign imploring
the batter to "hit it
here", as the fellow gets further and further away. At the they end, the guy
with the sign is in a
car, driving away from the camera in a small open car with small fins curling
out over vertical
elliptical taillights. Did I just see a Rapier, a Rootesmobile on TV? I checked
Langworth's "Tiger,
Alpine, Rapier" and found 20 pics of Rapiers, but all from the front. Actually,
the car on TV (we're
talking about 2 seconds here) reminded me of a late-50's Vauxhall, but I don't
think they came as
drop-tops. You tell me... (mebbe someone on the Alpine list knows?)

Larry Wright "I can't get no-- Satis-traction"