RE: Non-Technical discussions

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net, "'Anita & Jim Barrett'" <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Subject: RE: Non-Technical discussions
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 01:31:38 -0800
        Their (Anita & Jim's) Tiger may not have come from the factory
the way it currently exists, but they have gone through and corrected
many of the shortcomings of the original design.  When I do my
conversion, I will go and reread all of the lengthy posts about what
they did to their frame, suspension, and rear end.  Although My my
abbilities are best used in engine building and electrical systems, I
can't weld well enough to trust my own work when it comes to frame
rails, sheet metal, rocker panels, etc.  I admire those who have the
expertise to do what he has done to improve the structual integrity of
his Tiger, and it is a Tiger.....A very Big, Mean and Powerful Tiger.
If it still looks like a Sunbeam Tiger when it goes by in a cloud of
tire smoke, then it is still a Tiger.  I can only hope that Mine
(ok...once I aquire one again) will be as structually strong as his is
when I'm done.  Mine will be less of a true Sunbeam than his is, since
he is still using a Ford V-8, mine will use a Buick or Rover V-8.  It'll
be more British, but less Rootes.

Rich