I think the point is missed...

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: I think the point is missed...
From: Where do I get my Rhinestone Bunny Suit <DDOORNBOS@rr5.rr.intel.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 97 07:51:47 PST
The question started about when is a tiger still a tiger?  Is replacing the
body OK?

The only thing TAC has to do with any of this is when they do the inspection
after the fact the rebody is done.  And do/don't give athentication.

I just wanted to say, and used a little logic and reasoning to point out, that
if someone wanted to rebody a tiger (because of rust or wreck) with an
alpine body, and did it right, it would still be a tiger.  I don't have
a problem with rebodied cars if it is done right, all the right things
replaced, transfered, or rebuilt.

I don't know what these things are, TAC does.  Could they share this info?
If someone wants to do the work, and do all the big and little things that
make a tiger a tiger, then so be it.  There is some question as to how much
of this makes a tiger a tiger.

Why can't TAC share there secretes?  If someone uses this info and gets
tags, and tiger specific parts from a totaled tiger and makes and Alpine a
correct tiger then GREAT!  Someone just put another TIGER back on the road,
because it had all the right things done.  The other thing putting this info
out for public use would do is protect innocent buyers who get the hack
job alpine that is passed off as a tiger because it has a V-8.

More food for thought.
dan