Re: Broken Stud...

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>, tigerpb@ids.net (Paul Burr)
Subject: Re: Broken Stud...
From: richards@northcoast.com
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:18:31 -0800
The "easy-out" works best when you drill most of the broken stud or bolt out.
Pick a drill size that will roughly take the bolt down to the threads (almost).
 Be sure to drill perfectly in the center of the bolt as well as straight on.
This sort of procedure is a little difficult; so, if you aren't sure you can
handle it, take it to a pro before the problem becomes worse than it once was.

tha Happy Mechanic-Chris