Fwd: Re[2]: Broken Stud...

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Fwd: Re[2]: Broken Stud...
From: OldeAlp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 16:00:34 -0500 (EST)
I used EZ outs a lot in the early fifties and they worked great.  Didn't have
need again until the mid-seventies when the failure rate went way up.  I
figured that it was due to higher quality studs and bolts being used so they
didn't "give" the way the old stuff did.

I now use a left handed drill bit and about half the time, the heat/friction
of drilling will start to draw the broken stud out - at least the reverse
action isn't trying to set it deeper.

"Ole"