re: Re: Clutch pedal

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re: Re: Clutch pedal
From: rootes1@best.com (Norman Miller)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 11:32:45 -0800 (PST)
>>From: "Tom Ballou" <TBallou@LANMAIL.RMC.COM>
>>Subject: re: Re: Clutch pedal
>>
>>Norm, saw your post about the clutch pedal with one hole being correct.  I
>>have the two holes, but have seen both and I guess both were used.

Tom,  right you are.  Two versions of the pedal were produced.  The two hole
model was phased out during the first 900, or so B3820 cars.  Now watch,
Eddy Powell will have the 289 pedal version in his 109 color coded MKI-B.

>>I learned after several internal spring failures that lower hole (closer
to >>the firewall) on the two hole model is not to be used (says so in the shop
>>manual), which may be why Rootes switched to the 2 hole model.  Using the
>>lower hole will allow the driver with an enthusiastic foot to literally
>>destroy the internal spring in the master cylinder by over compressing it (I
>>broke two if them into three pieces each).

Norman C. Miller

Rootes Group Depot
"The International Registry Of Sunbeam Tigers"
"The Book Of Norman, Volume I"
"Tiger Press"
"Web Page" (http://www.best.com/~rootes1/rootes-group.html)