Late reply, reply

To: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Subject: Late reply, reply
From: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves)
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 23:01:19 -0600 (CST)
you wrote

>     'So, to the Tac bashers (best not to use names)'
>     Don Daves
>
>     Uhh Ohh,  Sounds like a blacklist (or a TACtlesslist) is forming,
>     so beware!
>
>     The sTACk of e-mails commenting on percieved TACtless and TACky
>     comments about TAC is interesting.  But you guys don't have a >
>      sense of humor.
>
>          TACtless and TACky in Michigan,
>

>     Jeff

Oh, but I do have a sense of humor!! The responses I got from my
comments gave me something to smile about.  It's all about human
nature.  I particularly liked what Dan Doornbos said:

       "Where the hell do you get that CRAP from!!!!".

Well, it took me all of about 2 minutes to think it up, thank you.

Look at the indignation that Dan displayed in his response to my
message.  Couldn't you just feel the hurt and the bad vibes?  Doesn't
feel too good to be on the receiving end when someone attacks YOUR
integrity, does it?   Even worse, is when it's done in the company of
your peers.  You shouldn't have to defend your character to anyone on
this list.  I'm pretty sure all the guys who set up and operate the
"Tac" were highly insulted and deeply hurt at all those earlier
personal accusations.

With my point, I hope, made, I can apologize to Dan (who's likely a
pretty good guy, too) and the "Tac bashers" for setting them up with my
nasty, untrue accusations and only hope it served the purpose for which
it was intended: Disagreement is fine, but personal attacks on people
you don't know is just plain mean.
And I hope no one MEANT to be mean.

As for a blacklist?  I don't think so!  Well, maybe for you Jeff, you
smart-aleck!  (just kidding)

Now, go to your room!

Don Daves