Re: Late reply, reply

To: dondaves@ix.netcom.com (Don Daves), tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Late reply, reply
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:52:05 -0800 (PST)
At 11:01 PM 3/24/97 -0600, you wrote:

>Disagreement is fine, but personal attacks on people
>you don't know is just plain mean.
>And I hope no one MEANT to be mean.

Here, Here, Don!!

Let us keep in mind that that disagreement keeps us all honest.  A good
example is that many (including myself) do not often like the TACts (oops!)
taken by the ACLU. I am on the other hand very thankful for their existence,
and will fight to the end their right to question, argue and plead cases on
behalf of our freedom; no matter how much I may disagree with a particular
stance.  So it goes with BOTH the TAC proponents and opponents.

With regard to SECRETS.  Proprietaty information is essential to our daily
business.  Recall how upset our Federal Government was when Toshiba sold
some of our Submarine technology to the USSR??  Does Bill Gates give humble
acceptance when someone copies his code??  (Alright, bad example!!)

Discourse is good.  Personal attacks are a bunch of crap.  I joined this
group for tech tips, not to sit by and watch people beat each other up.
(BTW...thanks to all for the help with the "Hot 260"  interesting news to
follow...look at it this way, you will be able to attack me personally for
being a bone-head!!

Cherrio!!

Allan
B9472373 (_really_ TACtless!!)
"Iron rusts with disuse, stagnant water loses it's purity, and in cold
weather becomes frozen, even so does inaction sap the vigors of the mind."
Leonardo Da Vinci