The Last Open Road

To: Frank Marrone <marrone@wco.com>
Subject: The Last Open Road
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 1997 18:12:19 +0100
Frank Marrone wrote:

> ....... I think I'll kick back and read
> a couple more chapters of "The Last Open Road" to feed the mood.
> I've got a lot of work to do, tomorrow I finally start the re-
> assembly process!!
>
> Frank Marrone          MK I Tiger B9471116
> marrone@wco.com        1966 LTD
>                        Series I Alpine  "fix me"
>                        Yamaha Seca 900

Wondering how many of you have read “The Last Open Road”? I can tell you
it is really a blast from the past. Not only is it a lot of fun,
concerning a young auto mechanic and the east coast sports car racing
scene of the fifties, but it even intersect with the West Coast scene.
Although fictional characters are involved, the author has also
liberally used actual period people like Phil Hill and Briggs
Cunningham. Since I was there, I can attest to the authenticity of the
period and the thinly disguised persona of the Ferrari and Jaguar
distributors. If you can find it, I recommend it.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/