air filters

To: <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: air filters
From: "Tom Ballou" <TBallou@LANMAIL.RMC.COM>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 97 9:17:25 -24000
Following up on Jim Barrett's post: you can use an AC A350C or a Fram CA117.
They are the same diameter as the elements he described and so require the
same gentle massage, but they are just about the correct thickness.  I have
used them for years and the only clearance problem I had was with the Holley
carb vent stacks - I had to pull the originals and put in shorter ones.
(Unfortunately, before I figured out I could do that,  I dimpled the air
cleaner lid above them; I guess that devalued my air cleaner by about $1200,
huh?).