A-arm questions

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A-arm questions
From: joe brackin <joetiger@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:29:10 -0400
I'm in the middle of rebuilding the front suspension(along with the rest
of the tiger) and have some questions cocerning the front suspension
workings. I am replacing the upper and lower a-arm bushings and was
wondering how tight is the fit between the bushing inner sleeve and the
fulcrum pin. Is it supposed to be a loose fit, snug fit, press fit or
what? Mine seems to be pretty loose.Also what was the design intent for
this assembly? Does the inner bushing sleeve rotate on the fulcrum pin?
or does the rotation occur between the rubber bushing and the inner or
outer bushing sleeves?
--
joe brackin
War Eagle '80