A arm bushings

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A arm bushings
From: Anita & Jim Barrett <anitabrt@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 1997 20:44:59 -0400
At 10:29 am 4/17/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I'm in the middle of rebuilding the front suspension(along with the rest
>of the tiger) and have some questions cocerning the front suspension
>workings. I am replacing the upper and lower a-arm bushings and was
>wondering how tight is the fit between the bushing inner sleeve and the
>fulcrum pin. Is it supposed to be a loose fit, snug fit, press fit or
>what? Mine seems to be pretty loose.Also what was the design intent for
>this assembly? Does the inner bushing sleeve rotate on the fulcrum pin?
>or does the rotation occur between the rubber bushing and the inner or
>outer bushing sleeves?
>--
>joe brackin
>War Eagle '80
>joetiger@mindspring.com

Joe,
        Good question, on my Tigers and Alpines the rotation is all
due to rubber flexing during normal travel.  When I take the spring out
and force the A arms to non-normal positions something slips and
I assume it is the inner bushing rotating on the fulcrum pin.  Maby
someone who knows for sure will answer.  Consider that if the inner
bushing is loose enough to slip, it would wear out quickly as it is not
normally lubricated.
Jim Barrett Tiger II 351C and others