A arm bushings

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: A arm bushings
From: Douglas Pruitt <DOUGLAS.PRUITT@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 1997 03:13:12 +0000
        The A arms rotation occurs between the rubber bushing and the inner
or outer bushing sleeves.

        From the shop manual:
"When a new replacement top/bottom wishbone link is fitted the two nuts on
the ends of the fulcrum pin must ONLY be tightened when the weight of the
car is on the road wheels and a full front suspension check is carried out.
The nut on the swivel bearing and the two fulcrum pin bolts are tightened to
the torque given in the 'General Data Section'".

        I am having some difficulty in determining which is the correct
torque specifications. It may be "Swivel bearing to stub axle carrier--upper
52 lbs. ft.--lower 33 lbs. ft." but I'm not sure.Someone else on the list
must know this. Tightening the nuts with the car's weight on the road wheels
is easier said than done. The lowers are fairly easy with the car on ramps
but the tops are another story. The only way to get a torque wrench on the
rear nut is to use a 'crows foot' and neither is easily reached. I haven't
tried this, but I think that mounting wheels without tires and placeing them
on ramps might make this easier.
Doug Pruitt
Frederick, Maryland

Zort!