Master cylinders

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Master cylinders
From: Bob Jones <bjones@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Wed, 07 May 1997 18:14:29 -0800
To those interested

My question to the Net was "What do I need to convert my Tiger to a dual
master cylinder set up, and rear disk brakes."

The E mail replies went like this.

Datsun/Nissan brake master cylinders for a 240/260/280 Z will work.

Another alternative was to use two 5/8" bore Imp masters with a balance
bar to adjust brake bias. The B-bar is Available from Tilton Eng. in
Goleta, Cal ( add & phone were not available)

Disks Brake set ups are available thru Dale's All British.
(909) 799-2090  I assume Dale can supply the masters also. ??

I was told that the rear disk brakes from a Jag will bolt up. BUT,
your lug pattern becomes 5X4.75  ( GM )  I don't know what model or year
Jag.  This requires more investgation.

This is what I've learned so far, and armed with this info, I will not,
and I don't advise any of you, to jump in and do this change, yet.
I intend to look quite a bit deeper into it before I make any changes to
my car. Proper brake bias is very important, and a mistake can be
deadly.  To much front pressure and you'll go straight, no steering
durring a panic stop, to much rear brake and you'll be all over the
road,if not spinning tight curcles under the same hard braking.
  If I come across any more info I'll pass it along. Once I see it work
properly for me, and to my satisfaction, I'll be happy to share with you
all.

Be carefull.

Bobby Jones
B382001345

I recommend the same for all of you interested