RE: Use distilled water in your radiator.

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, laifman@flash.net, "'CoolVT@aol.com'"
Subject: RE: Use distilled water in your radiator.
From: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 1997 00:07:06 -0700
        True.  PURE antifreez does, but when mixed at the optimal ratio
about 50/50, the boiling point is raised to above that of regular water.
The idea is that you want whatever is in there to stay in a liquid state
to carry away the heat.  As soon as Gas pockets form, the temp rises
rapidly, which makes more gas pockets......Dominos!  Adding presure
helps to keep it liquid too.

Rich