QUIZ COUNTDOWN

To: tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: QUIZ COUNTDOWN
From: "Norman C. Miller" <rootes1@best.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 11:52:45 -0700
All,

Now that we've seen the middle of May, I thought it would be good to offer a
Tigers United reminder.  For all who are, or will be, working on Dick
Barker's fabulous quiz, the deadline for returning your completed
masterpiece is a short fourteen days from now - 5/31/97.  Read and follow
the instruction on the first page.

I can also offer an update on a few of the more interesting event
activities.  Sid Silverman (owner of Le Mans coupe ADU 180B) has added his
car to our once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to offer rides in historic racing
machines.  Imagine sitting next to Rosemary Smith, Ian Hall, or David
Duncanson as they squeeze on the throttle to begin lapping the 3/8ths mile
Redwood Acres Raceway.  The view through the "windscreen" transports you to
another time and place.  For this one, brief instant you are there and no
one will forget the experience.

The Friday evening VIP dinner has been expanded to allow on-site purchase of
an additional 40 meal tickets.  This gathering is a special chance to meet
and get to know our distinguished visitors.  At $18 a person, you won't want
to miss this sit-down dinner, or the occasion to practice your English accent.

The caravan is shaping up as an eclectic collection of kinsmen and machines.
With the planned 9:30 AM departure from Long Beach harbor, joiners will find
the Le Mans "mule", ADU 179B; AHP 294B, the Shelby prototype; Marcus
Chambers' ex-recce rally car and the last MK II, all poised to snake their
way off to Eureka.  Vying for the post of most unforgettable are the likes
of Australia's Peter Tompson, the English entourage Smith, Hall, Duncanson,
Vickery and possibly Eckford, plus our homegrown enclave of Barker, Carroll
and too many others to mention.  All in all, coming together nicely.

The T-shirts look great, the trophies are totally unique and we're looking
forward to the best time, with the best people, in one of the best places in
California.

Talk to you soon,

Norm