Re: "legal" pop rivets

To: Mark_W_Olson@ccm.sc.intel.com (Mark W Olson)
Subject: Re: "legal" pop rivets
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 16 May 97 12:25:14 PDT
> BTW, I just heard that a poor guy from Washington state just paid top
> dollar for a California MKII, brought it to Washington, showed it to an
> inspector who lifted a corner and saw paint.  This guy now has a state
> assigned VIN, making the car significantly less interesting to many
> collectors.  He's hiring a lawyer and appears to be entering regulatory
> purgatory.
>
> Not to throw gasoline on a dying fire or anything :)
>
> Mark Olson

After following this discussion for a while I've decided that I ain't
gonna touch my original-installed-at-the-factory paperclip rivets.  In
fact, I'm not even gonna replace the missing rivet.  I've already had my
fill of grief dealing with DMVs both on the west and east coats.  Life's
too short.

Roland