Re: Insurance and DUI's

To: hjenssen@juno.com, alcon@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Insurance and DUI's
From: CoolVT@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 May 1997 16:36:59 -0400 (EDT)
I don't know of any insurance company that won't cancel if you have a DUI or
DWI.  In most states I've heard of, a convicted person is considered such a
high risk that no company will insure him/her.  The states have forced the
insurance companies to share the risk and insure the offender.  The companies
are required to form a pool of insurance to cover this group.  Ask anyone who
has had a drink/drive violation in the previous 3 years and they will
normally be in a "pool"  (and of course, at unbelieveable rates).

>From my experience, State Farm is very fussy on who they will insure.  If you
have had speeding or traffic tickets they probably won't sign you up.  If you
are fortunate enough to have a reasonably clean record you can save a small
fortune with them.
Mark