Re: license plate mounting

To: Chris.s.mottram@ecc.com
Subject: Re: license plate mounting
From: STUART_BRENNAN@HP-Andover-om3.om.hp.com
Date: Fri, 30 May 97 07:07:47 -0600
     I think the answer is both.  In many states it's ok to have the plate
     on the trunk lid (boot lid?)  But there are a couple (is Maryland
     one?) that require it to be mounted to a fixed portion of the car,
     such as under the bumper, so that it's always readable.  This was
     discussed while standing around the parking lot at a United a bunch of
     years back, so the details are a little fuzzy.  Also, the law may have
     changed by now.

     I've got two SS bolts through the bottom of the plate that match up
     with two holes in the trunk lid. With a couple plastic washers, and
     some careful bending, the plate does not touch the car.

     Stu

From: Chris S. Mottram@ECCI on 05/29/97 09:01 PM

What is the "proper" place to mount a rear license plate in the US., on the
boot lid or under the bumper?
What are you guys using to mount them?

Thanks,
Chris (4 holes in my boot) Mottram