RE: license plate mounting

To: alpines <alpines@Autox.Team.Net>, tigers <tigers@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: license plate mounting
From: "Spontelli, Ramon" <rs11@ElSegundoCA.NCR.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 May 97 06:41:00 PDT
>  What is the "proper" place to mount a rear license plate in the US.,
>  on the boot lid or under the bumper?

If you are going to do any autocrossing, mount it on the trunk lid.
License plates mounted under the bumper are easy pickin's for
renegade pylons that run underneath the car.

>  What are you guys using to mount them?

On the Mk II and the Series II, I made a bracket for the plate that mounts
through the two holes for the trunk lid handle.  The Mk I plate is mounted
 via two additional dealer-installed holes drilled right through the trunk
lid.  : - (

Ramon