Re: Rear suspention

To: "D. Leithauser" <dleit@mintcity.com>, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear suspention
From: nicholsj@oakwood.org
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 97 15:14:56 EST

     Doug,

      How are the Victoria British rear springs, any good?  My Tiger needs
     front springs and I think I might need the rear springs.
      The MKII Tiger had the Panhard rod mounted  on the frame opposite of
     the MK1 Tiger.  Apparently, it was mounted incorrectly on the MK1's
     because British engines turn opposite to American engines. The Panhard
     rod needs to counteract the torque of the engine transmitted through
     the axle, so I've heard. MKIIs had traction bars installed direct from
     the factory and this is the way to go to eliminate wheel hop.  Dan
     Walters makes a torque arm for Tigers that stops wheel hop but I don't
     know how it works.

     Jeff