Re: Tach and Rust Advice, Please

To: SDeane7000@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tach and Rust Advice, Please
From: Allan Connell <alcon@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 00:11:19 +0000
At 10:04 PM 6/17/97 -0400, SDeane7000@aol.com wrote:
>Hello again,
>
>Have I stumped you guys or did my first message end up in the bit-bucket?
>
>I just purchased a MK II and would like some advice from the experts.
>
>First, I would like manufacturers/model #s for an accurate and possibly peak
>storing tach that fits the dash with no modification.  Also desirable is
>something that looks similar to the stock unit as this is the only deviation
>I want to make from the otherwise pristine Tiger.  My engine is the original
>289 but is pretty tweeked (revs very quickly) and I'd rather be on the
>cautious side.  I've already broken a stock screw-in rocker stud and
>installed a set of ARPs.  I don't want to repeat this experience or, heaven
>forbid, do worse damage!  Maybe I'll go back to the stock tach (that I'll
>calibrate to the new one) after I become more familiar with the car.
>
>Secondly, some rust advice.  One area of the car that was missed during
>restoration (twice) was the driver side floor boards.  Several thumb sized
>holes were hiding under the jute moisture-holding sponge material.  Surgery
>will cure the major damage, but I'm curious what chemical warfare should be
>launched on the remaining surface rust before painting and what rust
>inhibitor paint would be best (Hammerite?).
>
>thanks in advance,
>
>Scott B382100117

Scott,

Sorry you have not had more replys.....

However, your questions pertain to issues concerning the care and
safekeeping of your otherwise pristine Tiger.  Frankly, as the protector of
the cause I feel compelled to relate to you that your questions are
sincerely just too mundane for this group as of late.  Some advice to add
controversy to assist you in your quest:

First, insert a dirty joke into your message along with your legitimate
question.  This will cause the likes of Laifman, et al, to truly read your
message and render the favour of a reply.  If you really want attention,
insert some unintentional racial slurs....you are sure to get many replys,
and some of them not so nice.  But as they say, negative attention is
better than no attention at all.  If you really get desperate, insert
questions about appropriate attire, such as caps and you will certainly get
many replys with good information, usually preceeded by a BTW.
Ulltimately, what I suggest you do is to become a bit more cocky.  Though
it may be out of character for you, it is VERY important to the Tiger
persona.

All kidding aside, appologies to all, most especially Mr. Laifman with his
wonderful sense of humor.  Peace to all.  Most importantly, LETS STOP
SCREWING AROUND AND HELP THIS PERSON OUT!!

Cherrio!

Allan  (hates the Brit crap but loves the car......)
B9472373