Re: Tach and Rust Advice, Please

To: SDeane7000@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tach and Rust Advice, Please
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Jun 97 7:42:13 PDT

> I just purchased a MK II and would like some advice from the experts.
>
> First, I would like manufacturers/model #s for an accurate and possibly peak
> storing tach that fits the dash with no modification.  Also desirable is
> something that looks similar to the stock unit as this is the only deviation
> I want to make from the otherwise pristine Tiger.  My engine is the original

> launched on the remaining surface rust before painting and what rust
> inhibitor paint would be best (Hammerite?).
>
> Scott B382100117

If you're concerned about over revving, why not install an electronic
ignition module with a rev limiter.

Rust should be dealt with by cutting out and welding in new panels.

I've never been too impressed with Hammerite.  Once the rust is taken
care of use a good epoxy chromate primer and compatible top coat.

Roland