RE: Hardtop to body woes

To: "Richard Atherton (Entex)" <a-richat@MICROSOFT.com>
Subject: RE: Hardtop to body woes
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 17:45:48 -0700 (PDT)
At 12:19 PM 6/20/97 -0700, you wrote:
>No, but I my mous has teflon strips on the bottom just like yours, I
>bet.  So probably a good contact cement would work, or some one sided
>tape may be out there somewhere.  I only come up withthe ideas, not the
>products !!
>
>Rich

        What you don't realize is that Steve is poking a little fun at you
and most of the list missed the critical point.  Teflon, by its physical
properties is very difficult to "glue" to itself or anything else.  This is
why it is almost always mechanically captured to hold it in position.
There are some very sophisticated adhesives for teflon, and they normally
require a good deal of experience before you get repeatable bonds.