Re: Hardtop to body woes

To: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Hardtop to body woes
From: Steve Laifman <laifman@flash.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 14:52:38 +0100
If you've read this thread, you won't need the references, but Rich was
correct, Roland, I was only funning. He is also correct in his
evaluation of teflon adhesives. The "teflon" cooking spray you speak of
is unknown to me. There are some oils in a spray can that prevent
sticking, but non of them, including Pam, are teflon. Putting teflon
anywhere near a fire is a dangerous thing. When we were machining teflon
stock fro rocket parts we had to be extremely careful to prevent
burning, as the combustion products are an analog of the deadly war gas
phosgene. If you could spray teflon on your paint, kiss a repaint
good-bye. Just like slicone sprays, no new paint will ever stick there.

I think my previous disclosure on the newer Tiger design, with the one
piece flexible foam, is a good answer. All relative movement between the
surfaces is absorbed does not scrub the paint, leaving the marks.

Steve

--
Steve Laifman         < Find out what is most     >
B9472289              < important in your life    >

                         _/
                    _/_/_/