Re: brake lite switch

To: CoolVT@aol.com
Subject: Re: brake lite switch
From: Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 97 8:44:10 PDT
> Can anyone help me with a manufacturer and part # for a brake lite switch?
>   I picked up a Beck Arnley #201-0130 and it appears to be just a touch too
> large in diameter.  Help !!!   I'd like to do it tomorrow.  So if you can
> share the info.........    Mark

Is this a hydraulic switch?  I was surprised to find a Ford logo on the
original switch in my Cobra.  When it needed replacing I took it to a
local auto parts store and had them match it up to one they had in
stock.

Also I was never happy with the amount of pedal pressure required to
activate this switch.  Changing switches didn't help matters so I rigged
up a limit switch to come on when the brake pedal arm was off of its
stop and connected it in parallel with the hydraulic switch.  I no
longer have irate people yelling at me to get my brake lights fixed.
This also greatly increased my comfort level driving in bumper-to-bumper
traffic.

Roland